Monday, October 10, 2011

Farming, Woohoo!!

I've finally gotten to start farming! I'm having a blast getting to learn how to drive all the big equipment and learn how, what I call, industrial farming works. I feel like I'm still on vacation :) I spend most of the time driving the tractor with two wagons full of corn or soybeans into town to sell or unloading it at the farm into drying bins. I've gotten to run the combine a bit as well and drive the semi truck in the field. Nicole has gotten to come with me a few times in the tractor though it's not the most enjoyable ride with only one seat! :) The older farmers driving their loads in just look over at the young couple riding together and smile...it's pretty fun experiencing small town Iowa for a bit.
Tractor and wagons in a corn field
Combine unloading corn into the wagons
Combining corn
Professional driver! :)
Emptying the wagons

2 comments:

The South Florida Elliotts said...

Well, you know you have Mid-Western roots! Your great-uncles on your grandma Elliott's side in Michigan would be right proud of you.:)
I'm glad you are enjoying it so much - just don't forget that precious new bride of yours too much. Can't wait to see you guys down here.
Love, Dad

pk said...

Great pictures! I can tell that shaggy guy isn't in the Air Force anymore!